CPE (co-polyester) materials are chemical resistant, tough and demonstrate good dimensional stability. It is a preferred choice for both functional prototypes and mechanical parts. While both CPE and CPE+ provide similar performance characteristics, CPE+ provides the added benefit of higher temperature resistance and increased impact strength.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker CPE Family
● Excellent chemical resistance
● Excellent toughness and dimensional stability
● Good interlayer adhesion, especially when using the front door add-on
● Low levels of ultrafine particles (UFPs) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
● Ideal for short run manufacturing and functional prototypes
● Transparent filament option available
Differences between Ultimaker CPE and CPE+
● CPE is available in a wide range of colors to choose from, including grayscale for more professional looking models.
● CPE’s tensile and flexural strength are higher, whilst CPE+ is formulated to be up to 10 times tougher.
● CPE+ features a temperature resistance of up to 100 ºC when compared to CPE, which is only resistant up to 70 ºC.
● CPE has a better build plate adhesion than CPE+, but you won’t notice the difference when using the stickers supplied in our Advanced 3D Printing Kit.